Thursday 23 February 2017

The funny moments of being a mother

I never thought seeing poo would be so exciting.

That sounds strange right? Well as a mother, that becomes the topic of conversation on a daily basis. And actually, it is healthy conversation because the poo of a baby reflects their health and how their digestion is fairing.

See.. when they're newborns.. their poo is BLACK. But that's because they've just come out of the womb and that's their first poo full of all of the stuff that they ingested.
And from then on their poo keeps changing colour until you see it to be a mustard yellow colour (unless you've put them straight onto formula) then I believe it's a kind of brown tinge? (I can only speak from a breastfed baby's pov!)

But yeah.. Everytime my boy pooed I was so happy. I think when he was around 2 months going to 3... The pattern of his pooing changed.. He would do a poo maybe twice a week.. And before it was everyday. So.. I got a little worried... But he continued doing his normal wet nappies meaning he is well hydrated. 
When he did his poo it was the same mustard yellow.. So he wasn't constipated thank God!

But as a mother you need to be very watchful of your little one, especially when they get to the age where they start rolling and want to sit up and just... want to MOVE! lol.



But it's so funny as a mother you monitor everything about your little one... Who can confess with me that when they're sleeping... Especially when they're newborns you check if they're still breathing?

Yep me too.

Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)