Tuesday 14 February 2017

Living with an infant: Sleeping saga continues

So... For the past couple of days Jeremiah seems to have reverted back to fighting sleep like never before-- so bad it got to the point where I would need to rock him until he is drowsy before he would fall asleep.
It's currently 7:09am and Jeremiah kept waking up in the night as a result of pulling his hair-- he does this when he's tired-- and when he does this he wakes himself up... Crying because he pulls his hair so hard!
Also! As soon as I would attempt to put him in his crib he would start to cry and I was really wondering why he was doing this-- because I could see that he was so tired!
I even had to revert back to him lying on my chest! These things I have stopped!

So do you know what I did? I took my pillow that I sleep on and I put it in his crib-- it was a really flat pillow so it's not too dangerous.. But it looks so funny because the pillow is big for his crib so half of the pillow is on the wall.
But getting back to the point... So the pillow is in the crib... When I got him a little drowsy I lay him on the pillow in the crib.. And he went straight to sleep.

Now I don't know if he was just reallllyyy tired so he fell asleep.. Or if my smell on the pillow caused him to fall asleep. I'm gonna do it again tonight and see if it makes a difference.
Because babies take heed to their mother's smell.. It calms them down..

So I will see what happens.. I really do pray I will conquer through this sleeping thing with Jeremiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)