Saturday 11 February 2017

Living with an infant: Interaction and Personality

I love watching my son. It is so funny-- the expressions, the smiles, the way he looks at things and analyses it for himself.

One thing I've noticed about Jeremiah-- and I've mentioned in a previous blog is I can see that he really likes colours. I have a very large muslin with colourful leaves on it-- and every time the muslin is around he stares at for so long. I recently bought new sleepsuits for him, and one is blue with stripes-- he was staring at the stripes on his sleeves for ages, with some serious focus!

So I believe he'll like a lot of colours but we'll see how that progresses.

Now-- my boy is starting to recognise the use of his hands-- he stares at them from time to time but now he's starting to grab things, my scarf, his hair, my shirt (as I'm wearing them..) my breasts (while he's nursing)

Yeah... I'm going to need to get him toys soon so that he can start keeping himself occupied and it will also be good for his cognitive development.

Also I'm still observing his personality unfold-- he's a cool baby-- he likes to chill out, but he likes to play a lot too. He doesn't get easily bored, but if he's left for too long by himself (If he's awake and I need to go up and get something) he doesn't like it-- he likes having everyone around which means he'll probably be a really family orientated young man. I read up on his star sign (I like to read them from time to time) and he is a Libra-- Libra's are peacemakers-- and I would not be surprised in the slightest if he grows up to be someone who likes to solve problems.

He's also becoming very vocal too! I am loving it, the cooing sounds, the little gurgles and squeaks he makes-- I love it-- it's just so lovely to see him growing. I feel so honoured to be a mother to such a blessed child. My phone is always camera/video ready to document all of these moments!

But overall these are just small observations-- his personality could change once he becomes a toddler.. who knows!

...Oh no the terrible twos...

I'm thinking too far now!

lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)