Tuesday 14 February 2017

Letter to my son

Dear Jeremiah,
I love you so much and I want you to have the best-- more than what I had when I was growing up.
I had you at a time in my life where things weren't where I wanted them to be but God knew more than I did.

You came at the right time.

You are my motivation. You give me the drive to do better, to be better.. When I think of you it puts me back in line and reminds me that there is more that I can achieve-- after all it is me and your dad that you will be looking up to. I still make mistakes-- but it will help me when teaching you how to do the right thing in life.

I will always be here for you.. Through the rough patches of puberty.. Throughout being a teenager.. And becoming a young adult.. Even when you have your own family I will still be here on the outside for any moral support you will need.

I'll be your shoulder to cry on. I'll be the first one to put you back on track if I see you going wayward.
There will be times where I say or do things that you may not like or agree with, but know it's for your good. I'm still your mother and I still have to guide you to the right place.

I always pray to God that he will give me the wisdom and knowledge to raise you into the great person you are destined to be. I look at your face and I see blessing. I look at your face and I see prosperity. I look at your face and I see pure joy.
YOU give me joy. I could feel a little down but as soon as I see that smile on your face I'm filled with joy and begin to be uplifted.

May that joy never leave you my son-- for the joy of the Lord will always be your strength.
I am here for you. Through the good and bad. You are teaching me new things everyday. Your innocence is beautiful.. Smiling at the littlest of things.. The smallest of things that entertain you.. Most of all how fascinated you are with the world around you.

I am afraid of how negative and corrupt the world is at this time.. But God has made you a light. You will not struggle. You will not be affected by the stress and frustration of the world. You will be different.
I pray you will shine and impact everyone that comes in contact with you.
I am blessed to have you in my life and thank you for reviving a zeal in me to let me know there are still things that I need to conquer..

Everytime I look at you it pushes me to do more.

Thank you Jeremiah for restoring hope in me.

Mommy loves you so much.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)