Monday 6 February 2017

Baby product review: Tried and tested

Throughout my baby's now 4 months of life, I've gone through a catalogue of products that I'd like to review and share my experience with them.

I know every baby is different and maybe you've had a worse or better experience with some of these products-- i'm just giving my personal view on them and my personal recommendations.

Pampers Premium Protection diapers
I used these nappies up until Jeremiah was just about to turn 3 months. The only issue I had with these diapers is every so often Jeremiah would leak out of them at random.. Not a pretty picture. Sometimes I would have to change Jeremiah in the middle of the night due to leaks.. Which isn't advisable. The upside to these diapers is the strip on the front that changes from yellow to blue which indicates that baby's diaper needs to be changed. I found that really handy.




Pampers baby dry diapers
These diapers. Yes. Yes. Someone gave me a pack as a gift and since then I've been on them like cheese on toast. They stand true to its name: baby dry. They really do keep baby dry! Since I started using them (since J turned 3 months) there have been no leaks-- and I'm not sure if you've seen the advert with the babies and the question pops up 'Where did all the wee go?' You do wonder, though. These diapers are on offer at Tesco.. Two packs for £18 where one pack is £14.


Huggies Newborn Baby wipes
These wipes were given to me as a gift and I fell in love with them. They're not too wet, but wet enough to do the job. No fragrance, and I believe they came at the right time for me to use on Jeremiah. I started to use wipes on him from when he was a month old and no reactions! Only downside is that I could only find these wipes at Asda.






Little ones baby wipes
This too also was a gift and also came at the right time! These wipes are very very wet and has quite a strong fragrance but at this point in time where Jeremiah's poo's are becoming very pungent and quite regular it clears up the mess very nicely and leaves his area smelling very nice.


Pampers sensitive baby wipes
These are similar to the huggies.. I like the no fragrant wipes but just enough moisture to do the trick.






Snufflebabe nasal drops and aspirator.
I needed to purchase this when Jeremiah got a little cold and cough and it really did help. Jeremiah has been a snuffly baby ever since he came out.. But when he had a little cold (around 2 months) these two worked hand in hand. The nasal drops softened up the mucus in his nose and every time I would use the aspirator to suck out the snot, a good amount came out. Then he eventually got over the cold! You can get these from Boots... or you can order online.




Child's farm sensitive hair and body wash
This was the first wash I used on Jeremiah and it was fine until I noticed he started to get a little rash.. And then I stopped using it. I used it on his hair and it washed it very well-- but I think it didn't agree with him. You can get this at Superdrug for £3.99 (Beautycard points!)







Burt's Bees baby bee bath
I bought this product based on all of the good reviews that I read.. But it wasn't good for Jeremiah-- at this point Jeremiah was getting patches of dry skin that started to look like eczema.. So I wanted to get a bath that would help make his skin soft.. And on the packaging it says it will leave baby's skin gentle and soft. But rather the bath is quite fragrant, and I think it exacerbated the problem with his skin. This bath is £10 from boots!



Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Feeding Bottles
I've only been using these bottles for 2 weeks but Jeremiah adjusted very quickly to it. Originally I had purchased some Dr Brown's bottles based on the reviews but I really struggled.. Then I realised maybe he didn't like the bottle. But with these bottles the teats of the bottle are similar to nipples.. And Jeremiah loves his breast so I took a bottle from my breast pump and used it.. Whaddaya know! He loved it. So i'll be using Tommee Tippee bottles from now on. Weaning shall be a breeze!



Earth Friendly Products Baby Laundry Detergent- Chamomile and Lavender

I was really unsure to what to use to wash J's clothes-- as you know the skin of a baby is super sensitive-- so to use the detergent I use to wash my clothes was definitely a no no. With the good knowledge of a friend, I discovered this detergent and it has been a dream. It has done nothing to my son's skin-- it smells wonderful and it isn't too expensive. Also, it lasts a good amount of time (or depends how often you wash your baby's clothes. I tend to wash once a week.. twice a week if there have been accidents lol) A bottle of this is only £6.99, but it is only available at Whole Foods-- or you can order it online.

So far these are the products I have used for Jeremiah-- if I tend to venture on more I shall review them too! Leave a comment and let me know thoughts and recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)