Tuesday 11 March 2014

Resist Temptation

Do you find it hard to restrain yourself when it comes to particular things?

Food? Sex? Gossiping? Lying? Splashing the cash?

We're human beings aren't we.. so it's only normal that we will encounter various types of temptations; but it's how you handle them that counts..

Oh... you just see that little bit of chocolate in the shop and you know you're on a diet, or cutting out chocolate from your usual snacking regime.. when you say to yourself 'Oh.. just one bar won't hurt..' and then you find yourself buying that same one bar every week.. when you're not mean to have it at all!

Or.. you've had some history with a particular person and just want to 'reminisce' for old times sake.. the attraction is heavy, and the feelings are jumping around like a teen in heat 'Oh.. just one more time won't hurt, what's the worst that could happen?'
Catching feelings? Catching an STD? The list could go on..

My point is, there are so many things in this world that we give into because we either just want to do it one more time.. or we don't take into consideration the consequences of our actions. Sometimes we just want to be a little daring and take that risk..
I'm always tempted.. and sometimes I do give into temptation.. and then my conscience eats away half of my brain afterwards.

And I literally ask myself why did I do that? Just to feel that smooth chocolatey taste in my mouth one more time... to feel him touching me in ways he shouldn't be... to feel 'prestige' because I bought those new shoes with money that I don't have.. that I bold faced lied in front of my parents face to go out with friends that we both know aren't good for me..

Why?

Temptation is everywhere.. but we have the power to resist it. I've been taught, we know, we KNOW when something is good or something is bad. No one has to say anything, we just know.

But we end up doing it anyway--- I don't want to use that whole 'we're human' line.. because that just gets used to do nonsense...

I know sometimes we have a weak moment and fall into it...

Everything has a consequence.. we just have to be that little bit stronger.


And this is a funny example to how tempting anything can be: (Gotta love Family Guy)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)