Tuesday 11 March 2014

'I'm so sick and tired..'

Double whammy... (I didn't post yesterday)

On the way home on Sunday, I was on the train, and there were three girls that came to fill in the seats that were empty around me. They were all dressed up as if they were getting ready for a night out. They all looked about maybe 18, 19ish and there was one girl who wanted to phone her mother and tell her where she is.

But what she was saying, she was lying.

She told her mother that there was an accident somewhere and she had to get a bus back to where she lives-- (in actuality, they were on a train to Croydon)
Her mother then began to tell her off for 'following her friends' and I can assume the mother was African. After the phone call she began to well up, and say she wants to leave her house and tired of her mother always telling her off.. etc.
Now.. I give the girl points for at least calling her mother and letting her know of her whereabouts, despite that she lied-- but then at the same time her mother shouldn't of had a go at her-- but it could be possible she has done something like this previously, because why would the mother respond in such a way? Even before she phoned her mother, she was expecting her mother to react in some type of way.

Anyway.

Then her other friend phoned, and got caught out because she told her mother she was on a bus, and the train announcement blared through the speakers-- the phone cut out luckily for her, because we went under a tunnel.

I laughed.

Then the third friend phoned.

Now.. what I noticed (I'm a writer.. have to be observant..) was that once the first girl called, all of them called? Which is a good thing.. because even one of the girls said to the first girl that phoned (with the assumed African mum) that she 'wouldn't bother phoning her mother' But she ended up doing it!

Influence?

But.. the point of this is I felt so compelled to say something, after the first girl phoned after her saying she wants to leave her mothers house and she's tired of her.. etc and  because my stop didn't arrive yet-- but all I did was rub her shoulder as I was getting off and say 'Cheer up'
Her friends probably thought I was a weirdo.. but I didn't want to intrude on their conversations-- but I should of said something?

What if God judges me right now and asks why didn't I say something?

You see we have the power to make a difference.. and I wasn't confident enough. All I really wanted to say was something along the lines of is 'where you're going really worth lying to your parents about?' etc.
But I had the thought of, what will they think of me.. and will they just get up and move.. etc

But if it results in saving someone's life.. we shouldn't really care?
And I believe God tests me in this way because this is not the only time a similar situation like this has happened.. I've had people crying in front of me.. and I want to say something but I don't..

I think I've failed a lot of tests...

But.. I always say if you feel it... do it.

Lord have mercy-- give me the boldness to speak!

..And you're probably wondering how this story is so detailed and how I heard everything... I was just quiet and observant.. lol. And this is even good story writing material.

#lifeofawriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)