Friday 21 March 2014

I'mma still do a Flashback Friday

Despite all the excitement..

Flashback! (University assignment..)

Real World


"Hey, I'm God, what would you like done to the world?" He says, stroking his beard.

"You're not God." The guy at the counter says. "He doesn't exist, the world came about through science."

"I am God. My son is Jesus. My wife is Mary. I want to do good by you people."

"Oh yeah? So why do good things happen to bad people? Why do we lose so many innocent people, like Princess Diana? Where were you when she died?"

"The devil took over. There was nothing I could do."

"Oh yeah? But I thought you were God? God is all knowing, all seeing, all powerful right? What a crock, get out of my shop." The guy points to the door.

He obeys. God walks out of the shop, looking at the streams of people walking, running, skipping, and jumping. His halo is dirty, so he wanders to a car wash to see who he can help next.

"Hi there, I'm God, I need to wash my halo, and in return can I do anything for you?"

The woman at the cash register stares at his face. She looks at his long brown beard, and his draping white cloth.

"God? Where were you when I prayed for my daughter 3 years ago?"

"I was there watching over you, and protecting you, just like you asked for, Jill."

"So why did you let her die?" She says, starting to weep.

"I can't save everyone, I save who I can."

"I'm an atheist now. We don't wash halos. Go back to heaven or whatever is up there and get it done yourself." She turns her head away from God.

He walks away from the car wash, not turning back. The sky is turning black. He waves his hand in front of his face; the sky is blue with no clouds in sight. God sighs, and walks within the lines of people on the busy sidewalk. He sees an old woman struggling with her groceries. He floats over to where she is and helps with her bags.

"Here you go." He hands her the bag full of fruits and vegetables.

"Leave my stuff alone, go and hassle other old ladies. I've been burgled enough. Go away!" She snatches the bag from his bony fingers.

He shakes his head, and continues to walk down the sidewalk full of people in suits, people in jeans, and children. Cars are honking, and people are yelling. He runs over to the first car in the intersection. The engine sputters.

"What's happened?" God says by the man's window.

"My car broke down. I think I might need to call the AA."

"I can help." God mumbles something under his breath and does the sign of the cross. "Try it now."

The man twists his keys in the lock; the car engine hums.

"What do I owe you, mister?"

"Nothing at all."

"I have to give you something, there must be a catch."

"No catch. I just wanted to help."

"Who are you, anyway?"



"I'm - I'm no one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)