Friday 7 March 2014

Flashback Friday

So.. this may be a new thing.. don't know for sure.

Just went through my past writings... and found this... For people who know me, they will be able to catch it.. and the ones that don't; I lost my mom in 2009 to bone marrow cancer, (Multiple Myeloma), and this was written a little while after.. (well 2 years after..) I didn't like talking about it much because I didn't want empathy or pity, or people hearing me go on and on about my mother's death; and didn't want it to be taken as 'attention seeking' so I let it out in writing.




Thoughts

You don't know what goes on in my mind
The fact that I'm still here is a miracle.
It's all down to time.

2 years ago, my face was soaked in tears.
My whole body, trembling with fear--
My first encounter facing death.


I still can't find anyone to open up to
I don't want to burden anyone
Yes, this is true.


If it weren't for God, I'd be off the rails
Doing who knows what
But the devil would have no way to prevail.

I feel like a child, lost in a shopping centre
Unfamiliar with what's going on around me
How can this be?


But I have this feeling, that someone above
Is guiding me everyday
With an unconditional love


This hole in my heart will eventually be filled.
Time has to pass.
This is only a taste of what's in my mind.


I just thank God
That I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)