Wednesday 30 April 2014

Tube strikes, foggy mornings

Well this morning was interesting as ever..

I had to queue up to board my train, and instead of my normal 7:45 train... I had to jump on an 8.00 train.
But they seem to have calculated how much people they let in quite well, because there was a little room to at least be able to move from someone's butt being on yours on the train. How they did it was like groups for each train time.. it was.. an interesting experience. And then the lovely and frustrated traveller exclaiming 'F off, I'm trying to pass' Everyone's trying to get to work... so there was really no need for that..

It was incredibly smoggy/foggy this morning as well-- It wasn't that thick like fog, fogginess, it was like a bit misty.. it was a little out of place for my liking, but it seems to have cleared up now.

But these tube strikes.. they've had so many now and nothing's changing.. I just think it's their way of just having a day or two off to be honest-- but can you imagine-- just a tube strike has such an impact on the transport in London.

I always marvel at it because it's something else.

But the station you see there must look familiar, and I did expect it to be busy.. but it was literally like MANIC. Screaming train station conductors standing at about every point of the platforms..

It was just... meh!

And they made everywhere very restricted, so there was no option to go through the passageway or the tunnel.. it was either you HAVE to go through the tunnel to exit and you HAVE to go through the passageway to get onto a platform.

Lawd. Just let this be over and let me be able to get a seat on my normal 7:45-- actually! Even that I had to change, USUALLY I get catch a 7:39 train, but when I got off my first train, the platform was already at capacity, and there was one word to that: No. The platform is small as it is, there was no way I was getting on that train this morning.

I wonder how it'll be this evening -__-

2 comments:

  1. That sounds hectic! You must be in the city :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.. London is a busy city my dear; but a great place to live, nonetheless!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)