Tuesday 1 April 2014

Strength

'Once a upon a time, you asked me why did I like you-- you remember? I liked you because you're strong.'

This was from the last episode of 'My Mad Fat Diary' last night. Fell in love with the show with the plethora of issues that are in the show, and the time at which it's set..

Anyway, my point is, strength. Why would that be such a quality that would cause someone to like someone else?

For many different reasons. I think the main reason is, despite what the person is going through, they can still have that on them, and still be able to deal with the other issues involved with the people around them. I guess you could call it a form of stability or comfort knowing that this person is strong enough to be able to still be there for you.

Either way, strength is something we all have--- and I'm not talking physical strength.. muscles.. etc, I'm talking about emotional strength.
Things could be breaking down left, right and center, but despite that, you're still together, and you're still coping..

This is how I was at my mother's funeral/the announcement of my mother's death. My mother's funeral, I did cry, but throughout the day, I was the one comforting people-- they cried more than I did, and I was the one supporting-- I got told I was strong, and I didn't really know what that meant until I heard that line yesterday-- (can you imagine one bit of dialogue from a fictional television show can make my mind do this.)

But what I'm getting at is we all have inner strength-- and just because you cry doesn't mean you're weak. Crying is a form of release.. a way of getting the stress, the sadness, the anguish, the anger, everything-- out.

Some people tend to just have more strength than others-- it could be obtained in so many ways, or maybe it was always instilled inside of you.
And with this inner strength, it will always get tested-- and the only way it will build up is through experiences in life, let downs, set backs, failures.. that's how you become strong.

So if you see in your life that you experience so much set back, so much failure or rejection-- whatever it maybe-- it's not the end of the road and it's only making you stronger.

And this topic has so inspired me to write a story too.

lol. Writers eh? Isn't it great :p


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)