Monday 28 April 2014

A difference to your generation

After this recent programme I've had at my church.. a lot of my persepctives have changed on so many things.

And there was one statement that my spiritual father, Pastor Danso declared that has just stuck within me, and I believe it's a word that needs to be heard by so many people; I've put it on my Facebook, I've written a note on Facebook expanding on it with my own revelations and thoughts, but this was what was said:

"Don't think you are serving God for yourself, you are serving him for your generation"

My goodness gracious.

Immediately though, that took me to Matthew 5:13-16 which reads:

'You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Salt and light. What does salt do? It adds flavour-- we are all salt in the world; our flavour is our personalities, our outlooks, our perspectives, our opinions-- we are all different. Light. What does that do? Add brightness to wherever it is placed. You are all lights in this world, and are here to make a difference, as well as impact whoever is around you.

The reason why statements and scriptures stay in me is because I feel so many people need to be encouraged and need to understand how important they actually are. We always look down upon ourselves.. and I'm the number one culprit-- 
We think we're not good enough
We think why are we even here?
We compare ourselves and think those other people are better..

But to be honest, we were fearfully and wonderfully made.. everything about us was created because that's how we are meant to be. Do you see that there's no one EXACTLY like yourself? Even twins have distinctive differences as much as they may look alike.

It's that deep..
And all I really wanted to say is, keep your head up because you are a lamp in this dark world we are in-- whether we like it or not.. there are things that are unseen that are happening, and if you've allowed God in your life, there is no doubt that he will use you to do great things as well as make a difference to your generation.
I'm not saying that if you don't believe in God you won't be used to do great things-- not at all, but it's just that when you've invited God into your life, because he is not a by force God, if you invite him he will do what he needs to do, because you have made the decision that you want him in your life.

Either way; you were made to impact. You were made to make a difference.

Your life, is not in vain.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)