Saturday 7 January 2017

Living with a newborn: 3 months today

Praise God!

My son is 3 months today. It is currently 6am and he is here awake by my side. I have no idea when these early wake up calls will end.. He likes to be up from 5am to play.
I've begun to wean him off rocking him to sleep. He must learn to go to sleep on his own which he is learning slowly but surely.. Otherwise I'll be rocking him off to sleep until God knows when.
He's been going through another growth spurt and starting with his cooing sounds. The effects of the injections he had at 2 months have faded.. And he will have his next set in a couple of weeks.

He's growing everyday and everyone keeps commenting on how much he has grown. I'm seeing more of his personality everyday and he makes me laugh all the time. He is smiling so much more and I am happy for it. I thank God he has kept him and can on pray he will continue.

I hate injections. Having to watch those big needles go in his little legs. Absolute torture! But it had to be done. I need to watch it all over again in a couple of weeks *cries*
As a result my boy has a little cold.. Due to the very cold weather mixed with the side effects of the injections. So daily I unblock his nose and he has a tiny cough that is fading. I went as far as to go to the GP
. and even the GP said he was fine.. My boy has to just ride it out.

He's a strong little boy to be honest-- despite a little cough he's still smiley and in good spirits.

Oh yes! Jeremiah is doing this funny thing and staring at his hands-- it's around this age that they begin to recognise their hands and other body parts-- so I find when I breastfeed he will grip my fingers or try and even hold my breast.. Yes. Lol. But it's a lovely thing to see your child developing before your eyes.

More to come x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)