Sunday 22 January 2017

Living with a newborn: You won't always get it right

Motherhood and taking care of a little one is a learning process.
Especially with being a new mom.. I've even surprised my own self with how I'm adjusting and how I'm taking care of Jeremiah.
I'm not saying that I didn't believe that I could-- but I didn't think I would be handling it so well.
I even underestimated myself!

But as I am on this new journey of motherhood; mistakes are allowed-- otherwise how do we learn?
A current example I can give.. I'm currently treating Jeremiah's extremely dry skin. I bought a product to bath him with that had really good reviews and what I thought would be good for his skin..
Turns out it wasn't good.. And it triggered his skin to be really dry.. It looks a little like eczema, but with moisturizing it everyday with shea butter it is improving a lot.
I know his skin is a result of the really cold weather too but I didn't help with using the product.. I should of stuck to just plain warm water.
But within this mistake it's also made me find out that his skin is a little sensitive so I need to be mindful when buying creams and baths. But who knows? He may even grow out of it.
The point is even though you make a mistake there is a reason for it.
So I haven't beaten myself up about it; but I've added it to my knowledge of my child so I know what to do and what to prevent so his skin doesn't get worse.
No one is perfect and I'm also learning to not be too hard on myself-- when you have a child you just want them to be perfect... Make sure nothing is wrong with them.. Make sure they're happy..
But I am enjoying this new journey of motherhood.. I always thank God for my son and pray that God will help me to raise him to be the great boy that he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)