Tuesday 10 January 2017

Living with a newborn: As a parent, all you want is the best

Sometimes it still shocks me that I am a mother. Motherhood comes with so many responsibilities-- but gradually you take them on with your stride.
Just yesterday my mind went as far as when I go back to work, what will I be able to do in regards to childcare. Am I going to have to put him in nursery? Hire a nanny? Get him to a childminder? All of these things require money-- but I know when the time comes God will make a way. He has to.

When you have a child all you want is the best.. And I really want my son to have the best. I always pray when he gets older he will feel open enough to talk to me about his problems and his worries, concerns whatever. That's something all kids need-- the opportunity to have the platform to speak to their parents without feeling scared or judged.
Unfortunately... In the african culture.. A lot of the adults are very one way and are rash and brash so it makes the children very closed and this is when they go and seek advice elsewhere.
It's not everyone.. But the vast majority.

I don't want that.

I can sit down and think about so many things.. And now that I have a child.. It's been doubled. Once you have a child.. You sacrifice a lot.. It's not about JUST you anymore.

I always pray that I will be a good mother to my son-- God has permitted him to come in my life.. So God has to help me to raise him to become who he's meant to become.

So help me God. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)