Saturday 28 January 2017

Living with a not so newborn: Milestones & Memories

It's Saturday morning.. Approximately 7:26am(after just settling Jeremiah back to sleep) and I'm lying here reminiscing and going through videos and photos of when he was born and so on..

Time goes so bloody fast! I have a short video of when J was one week old... And looking at him now at 15 weeks.. He has changed so much lawd Jesus!
But all I can do is praise God. Thank you Jesus for sustaining my boy up until now.. I pray for your constant protection over his life. Amen.

So. Every month babies reach development milestones, i.e holding their head up, smiling, responding to familiar voices, rolling, holding things, laughing...
Jeremiah smiles a lot, he can hold his head up, he's so active i'm not sure if he's trying to roll lol. But every baby is different and will reach milestones whenever-- but it is just so interesting to see. Just observing your own child and looking at them fascinated with the world around them. It's so nice to see.

I've also now started giving J formula milk because at my recent health visitor check his weight was short by a couple of ounces.. And it was like that the time before.. So just to get his weight up to scratch I top him up with a bottle of milk at night. It has been a struggle.. This boy enjoys his breast like no tomorrow.
I didn't want to.. But he will gain the weight with the extra milk and plus it will make weaning a lot easier too.. So it's a blessing in disguise.

Next thing I know Jeremiah will be 1 year old.. Walking.. Eating solid foods and being independent.

Time is surely flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)