Saturday 11 June 2011

Impact

I went to an event today, and there was a short exhortation, and the content of it was so emosh it actually got me thinking. This is the second time I'm writing about it, (I wrote it on my FB, but I'm going to write it in more depth here)

The guy that was speaking was speaking about 'Generational Impact', and said "Your life must have an impact' And it made me think, 'Have I impacted anyone?'

Because the reason why we are living is NOT in vain, we are not living for ourselves, but we are living for others, and in my case, I'm living for Jesus.

Our lives should be able to impact or influence someone else. That's why when we go through things, we shouldn't just take them as tragedies or things that we can never get out of.. but they are more like chapters in a story that people are meant to have knowledge of.

Because you know, not everyone is supposed to go through things. If we've gone through, we have the power and the knowledge to not allow someone else to go through what we did.

That's all part of impacting someone.
Helping
Supporting
Mentoring

Whatever the case maybe, as long as you've touched the life of that person... they can never forget about you.

And that's another thing, so many people gathered to appreciate this one person on his birthday, and it's like, that is such an honour, to have people come and speak good about you-- and how you've touched their lives.

All glory goes to God because it's God that is using us-- and the fact we have touched lives like that--- wow.

But yeah, just been reflecting since then and it really makes me think.. even if I have impacted someone, there are still people out there that need an encouraging word, a hug, a sympathetic ear...

Why can't you be that person?

Anywho..

God bless
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)