Friday 16 December 2016

Living with a newborn: Daily balances of life

As i'm writing this Jeremiah (my son) is sleeping.
When I was pregnant, I wondered how I would balance writing as well as everything else.. Because having a baby is no easy feat! It's a very huge responsibility.
I believe I have been blessed.. My baby is yet to be a handful.. He is a very chilled baby once he's had the basics.. Clean bottom, full belly, comfortable clothes etc.
Once in a while he gets fussy but that's baby for you.

The only time you really have time to yourself is when baby is off in dreamland. You can get the washing done, reading done, have conversations with the other half (well... You can do this when baby is up but you have no distractions when baby's sleeping) and for me personally this is my time to get my writing done!

You start to become more confident as your baby gets older.. I will be totally honest I was a little wobbly at the start and slightly doubted myself.. But so many people kept telling me that I would be a good mum so I encouraged myself with that and here I am!
Do not use the excuse that you have a baby so you can't do something.
All things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)