Monday 12 December 2016

Living with a newborn: 2 months old

First of all.. Thank you Lord for my son reaching 2 months old.
He is growing beautifully and I can only thank God that he is keeping him and protecting him.

Raising a newborn is not easy! But it is totally worth it. In these past two months I have learnt a lot about myself and my son.
You begin to distinguish the real cries from the fake; the cries that mean hungry, tired, bored etc-- you start to see the personality of the child unfolding before your very eyes.
It is such a beautiful thing to witness.
In particular for me.. The struggle at the moment is getting him to sleep. He loves to battle with going to sleep. It is absolute madness. I will never understand why babies fight sleep so hard!
But what i have seen is my patience has now become a lot because babies learn gradually.
I'm seeing that my son is very happy and smiley when he doesn't need anything and i am so grateful. He's very observant and looks like he likes very colourful things.

It causes me to reflect back to the time I was having him and all I wanted to do was see his face-- so many thoughts ran through my mind when I held him for the first time... Will I be a good mum? How am I going to raise him?
But it's been 2 months already and he has changed so much.
There were so many positive declarations I made about him when he was still in my tummy that I am beginning to see.
I'm learning about myself.. When it comes to raising a baby you really have to sacrifice and put the child first. It is no longer just about yourself.

I can only pray that God will continue to protect him and keep him.

More will unfold in the coming months.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)