Wednesday 18 April 2012

Oh, the taboo of it all..

Why are subjects like sex, lesbianism and all of those underlying topics never discussed about, and even if they are brought up, they end up being buried even deeper into the ground?


I don't understand... I mean, sex is something we all do and we've all participated in, in one way or the other, so when talking about, why is there such a stigma?


It's not a shameful thing at all, and wouldn't more things be dealt with if people were brave enough to come out about it? I completely understand that people have their fears about what people will think about them after they talk about it, but at the end of the day they exist, and they are present everyday.


I had a child protection refresher meeting thingy today at work, and the lady presenting the subject spoke about emotional abuse and rape and stuff like that, and she asked the question I just did about how sex and things like that aren't talked about, yet we can talk about everything else so freely.....


It was just a though... why do we find those kinds of topics so embarrassing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)