Wednesday 3 August 2011

Time of reflection..



It's always good to reflect on life. Do you know why? So we don't forget all of the good things that has happened to us... we don't forget the people that helped us along the way, and most importantly we don't forget where we came from.

One thing I always say to myself is when I make it to where God wants me to be, I do not want forget who helped me along the way, and I really don't want to forget where I came from.

You see, with God.. when he takes you somewhere, he always takes you from somewhere low and brings you up. That's so we will appreciate it more when we get there. But then we have to be careful because that's where pride and ego can set in and we not only forget where we came from, but we become arrogant and we let it all get to our heads. That's what I DON'T want. EVER.

Because.. the same thing God gave to you, he can easily take it away, like *snaps fingers* that.

That's why it's so important to be humble.. to be humble just means to take what is given to you. To bring yourself down.. your pride, your so called knowledge (truly, our knowledge comes from above) and let God do it. Humbleness attracts success.. it attracts more blessing than you could ever imagine.

That's why where you start from is never bright, it's always from a dark grim place.. and then God shows up and brings you to a place that he's planned for you.
That's how God works... he comes to a place that is mash up.. a place where everything looks hopeless, and he glorifies himself.

How else would you know he's God?

If God comes when everything is fine, how would you know if it was him doing anything? He works in ways we could NEVER imagine.

So when you are expecting something from God.. keep your eyes peeled because he doesn't come the way that you are expecting him to come.

But.. I always reflect, I'm a serial reflector/thinker.. and I can't help but to think about everything that has happened to me and how I've managed to survive.. how I've managed to keep it together.. it's all down to God.

So... definitely take time to reflect on your life.. and just know that God is backing you in everything. Always invite him in your life.. in your day, in your morning, when you're walking... he wants you to. He wants to talk to you, hear him out.

It's something else.

God bless
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)