Wednesday 15 August 2018

Humbled life

Being a mother is a blessing in so many different ways--- it's not an easy task, but it's something I always give praise to God because I didn't even know if I was going to be a mother.
To be honest, you don't need to have a child to be called a mother-- but personally, I didn't think I'd have children.. I wanted them but I didn't know when or if it was going to happen.

One thing about being a mother is your children teach you a lot. Children are so innocent and so honest it's unbelievable. Can you imagine this is how God wants us to be like?

Matthew 18:3
"And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Let me not digress from what I want to say-- but if you observe how a child is, you will understand this scripture wholehear
tedly.

Anyway, having children, raising them and just being around them teaches you so many life lessons-- it causes you to be patient, to be more observant, and to be more understanding. When children aren't at the stage where they can't talk or are just learning to talk, they use signs to communicate, or they cry and it takes you as the parent to understand what they need.

To be honest, having children humbles you-- because as an adult you have a level of pride in you-- but there's these little things that children do that just put you back in line-- especially when you don't take the time to understand their need and you end up lashing out or shouting and all they wanted was for you to cuddle them.

This life is a continuous journey of life lessons-- pick up that book and make notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)