Tuesday 11 April 2017

Living with a newborn: Teething

My boy's teeth are coming through!

He's been teething for a little while, and I didn't really realize until a couple of weeks ago and saw little white stubs on his bottom gums!

Now I'm really seeing the effects of teething-- the drool seems to have quadrupled over the space of a couple of days-- he lost his appetite just yesterday and didn't really eat much... he was crying A LOT... even as he's falling asleep.. he's crying. Whenever I give him his little teething toy, he's chomping and biting on it like no tomorrow.

My little strong man-- he's doing so well-- every day I'm seeing more of his two teeth it's so cute!

One thing I'm noticing is that he wants to sleep a lot more than usual which I guess is part of it as well-- am I a bad parent? I don't really want to give him paracetamol, but rather I want him to ride out the pain-- he's been handling it so well this long; I put his teething toy in the fridge for it to be a little cool against his gums, and that tends to do the trick.
I want to try to only give him medicine when he really needs it, (Temperature, when he has his injections etc) is that a little harsh?

I really don't like seeing my boy like this.. I had to spoil him with cuddles and kisses yesterday because he was so miserable!
But I read up on teething and it's usually only the first two teeth that are the worst-- and when the others come through it's not as bad.
But.. I'll guess I will have to see that for myself!

Another milestone-- so many more to meet! Exciting stuff.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)