Tuesday 7 October 2014

Do the right thing

I'm a person that lives by the scripture in Matthew 7:12 'So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law and the prophets' (NIV)

In life, there are things that happen.. and do you ever think on the other side of the spectrum if whatever is happening to that person, or whatever that person is doing, would you like it? If someone was talking to YOU about someone else that you love and care about, would you keep it quiet or would you let that person know and rectify the problem?

No one likes being spoken about, especially in a negative way-- so no way would I allow it, and I don't think anyone else would unless they aren't a truthful person or want to avoid conflict..

But either way, the key phrase in here is 'Do to others what you would have them do to you' and to me this also relates to karma as well.. as long as you do good to others and do the right thing, they would surely do it for you-- whatever you give out is what you get back.

That's life.

But yeah.. that's one of the scriptures that I live by and actively portray in my everyday life.. and I pray to God that this is what people will do for me.

You know it's nice to know people can be comfortable enough to tell you where you're going wrong, and that's great because it can solve so many problems and avoid less problems.

It would be a better world if we all could just be truthful with one another and not have to go around and tell other people-- why not go directly and tell the person how you are feeling? I'm learning from my spiritual father everyday-- if you have a problem with someone, go and tell them-- why are you going to another person when the problem is with a different person?

Is that right?

Before I'm usually fearful of what people will think-- but at the end of the day people will think what they want to-- we can't control what people think, but as long as I'm doing the right thing and finding a solution, then my spirit is at rest.

Lord.. have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)