Friday 6 June 2014

Feeling appreciative

I wrote a note on Facebook this morning about appreciation... and not waiting until things get bad, or worse, someone dies before you appreciate who they are in your life.

Why do we do that? Why does someone have to die before we recognize how great and how amazing they were?
I know as human beings we become so familiar with each other and we think that there's so much time-- but in actuality there isn't as much time as we think... time is always ticking, it's always moving, it never stops, so as much time as we have we should appreciate the ones that are around us.

Even the ones that necessarily didn't add great value, but they came into our lives for a lesson, and that later benefited us in the long run, anyway.

We're not invincible.. I always get a wake up call to how precious and fragile our lives are.. so even me, I'm learning to appreciate all the people in my life, everyday--  not just when they've done something.

But it's not like I don't appreciate them at all, I just forget to acknowledge how much they have actually done, and that they have never left, but remained with me.

And that.. that's is more than enough to appreciate someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)