Thursday 8 September 2011

A time for me

I know I haven't blogged in a while! Was doing a lot of things and preparing myself to go back to work and blah blah, yadda yadda..

But while on my holiday and even now, I've been in a consistent time of reflection about myself and if I'm being true to myself and to God.

Now.. what I mean by that is.. you can be a complete believer in God.. but you could still be working against him or doing things he doesn't agree of unknowingly.

I was watching this video on Youtube about Blair Wingo, she's a poet, and she uses her gift to speak the realities of God. I watched her interview on how she became born again and she was saying on how she knew about God and everything, but she was playing a 'role' she didn't truly know God until one day when she heard a word, and she gave her life to God properly.

Now.

What this made me think is, am I truly in it for God, or am I just believing in God because he can do something for me? Sometimes, I sit and think about my life now, and I really marvel and sit amazed at who I am now; because I also knew God too.. But I feel within myself, this is where I belong--with God. I think about if I didn't have him, where in the world would I even be? Especially with losing my mother 2 years ago.

But... I can definitely say that my life is in God's hands. I live everyday as it comes and depend on God.. because I don't have anything or anyone else..

Just like in life.. we can easily lie to ourselves or we could live a lie...

It's just good to sit down and reflect about yourself..

#thought

God bless
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I love to hear from you guys :)